To end our RPM session today I had made a list of 20 Valentine’s day words:
- Valentine’s Day
Jake’s Sentences via letter board (words from above are in bold print):
1. Really not like much about Valentine’s Day.
2. Not good to not have love.
3. A hard month to endure is like February.
4. Most awesome to care, God is helping me.
5. Hugs are so much not so easy for me.
6. Really adore my good family.
7. So not enjoy much affection.
8. Not much really like to be kissed.
9. Nice, warm house is good to have.
10. My heart is not so sore anymore.
11. Like pink, not red.
12. Not help God all time see red.
13. Snuggle in my bed feels good.
14. Too cozy have nice fire in fireplace.
15. Like good, happy mom much better than sad.
16. So love to make cookies!
17. Most sweet have good attitude my life.
18. To have dear, good love in my soul is much better than hate.
19. Honey is delicious!
20. I cherish my nice, most loving time have awesome soul talk with mom.
At the age of 22 he began expressing his very personal thoughts and feelings more fluently with me (his mom.) He is diagnosed with severe autism as well as intermittent explosive disorder. He has given me permission to share his story and our conversations. He continually expresses his desire to “find purpose” to his life…I hope his willingness to share will help others learn about this misunderstood condition known as “autism” that has so much to teach us all.